Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Cover Letter

Dear John,

My name is Ming Jie He and I am writing this to you to apply for the SDET-II (Software Design Engineer in Test - level two).

I was employed as SDET-II at Microsoft China in Shanghai for 2 years. I have programming experience with CMD Command, C# and Parser Language for over 2 years. The main technologies I use daily are Visual Studio 2008, SQL, Product Studio and Source Depot.

I am a dedicated and hard working person. For example: The FSSMC (Microsoft Forefront Server Security Management Console) was my first project when I entered the company. And I have completed my various duties in an outstanding fashion. As a result, I was promoted to the Netmon (Microsoft Network Monitor) team for automation test and test cases development until I came to the US.

I am also careful with details and good problem solver. For example: one time I found an irregular message in the capture file. Normally, we wouldn't have looked at it. But it looked unusual, so I investigated. I found that there was a problem with a previous version of the protocol. So I reported this problem to the project manager in a conference call. He immediately contacted the protocol manager, who checked and confirmed that this was an error. This allowed the protocol team to pinpoint and correct the error.

I am looking to advance my Software Engineering career by learning new technologies and extending my C sharp experience. I am sure if I am given the opportunity to meet with you I will be able to tell you more about my achievements and aspirations.

I look forward to meeting with you.

Regards.
Ming Jie He

1 comment: