Wednesday, December 1, 2010

An Unforgettable Moment

Throughout our life, tens of hundreds of days might have passed unawares. We oftentimes concentrate too much of our attention on doing our jobs and daily trivia. However, some of our experiences can never be erased from our memory forever.
In China, no sooner have students been admitted to senior high school than they have to participate in an about ten-day military training in accordance with the Department of Education. I actually started my training lessons during that summer vacation.
As far as I could remember, it was a terrible hot morning on my first day of training. The sun nearly burnt my skin. Students had to stand erect under the sun for about two hours.
As a matter of fact, my strength was almost all used up since I had only eaten a little bread for breakfast. Eventually my eyes were stricken with darkness, and I fainted. However, I heard "Are you ok?" and "Ming, can you hear us?" said by my classmates beside me. "I can heard you but I don't have any energy to say any words" I thought. They sent me to the clinic room. I actually remained unconscious. During that time, I heard my trainer say "Give his some water with sugar, he must not have had enough breakfast." I thought "Yes, that's right. But never again!" After the sweet water I regained consciousness and came to life very quickly. My class teacher and classmates asked about me with great concern. Though I felt a little bit sick, I persisted in taking the training with other students in the remaining time.
Even now, I can clearly recall their concerned looks.I figure that all kinds of difficulties may come up in my life and this is only one of those. Don't worry too much about them, because it is
just a test -"a test of life."

1 comment:

  1. What a story -- good retelling of events. There are just a few things to change regarding quotes -- I'll see you in class to discuss them!

    ReplyDelete